Monday, March 17, 2008

T 1 P 3

I shall pretty much be away during easter weekend. Ie till Tuesday.
And yes, opening the story with grass is fine, however it would be cool to end it with as well... some how. Be warned - I have a tendancy to write short stories with open endings where nothing actually happens except the obvious.
ok -

I turned my face to my phone lying besides me, still grasped in my hand. I don't want to look at it it, as soon as I flip it open I'll have a full inbox to anwer to. Full of lies, like "Don't worry, it's not all that bad" and fake empathy; "I know how it feels", and hidden judgments "There was nothing you could have done".
But the time tempted me. I wasn't waiting for anything to happen, just the knowlege that a few moments have past that will not have to be lived again, and the knowlege that time has not stopped because of me.
I flip it open.

No comments: